Rate this recipe:
- ½ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 4 fully cooked Andouille sausage links
- 1 French baguette
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the sauce combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside in refrigerator.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-low heat, add butter. Once butter melts, add the onions, stir occasionally until onions are soft and caramelized. About 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan.
- Using another saute pan, spray with cooking spray, split the sausage and place in pan, brown on both sides until heated through.
- Cut the baguette into 4 portions, split and spread top and bottom generously with sauce. Spread ¼ cup of spinach and onions on the roll. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and place the sausage on top.
Enjoy with your favorite side: salad, slaw, fries or kettle chips.