Rate this recipe:
- 2.5 lb. pack Hatfield Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 ½ cups – canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ cups – fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 36 egg roll wrappers
- 5 fresh avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Egg wash – 2 eggs, beaten
- Pico de Gallo, chipotle buttermilk dressing
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the chorizo and garlic, 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Add the pepper, salt, cumin, black beans and corn to the cooled chorizo mixture.
- To assemble the eggrolls, lay out one egg roll wrapper at a time and scoop ¼ cup of chorizo filling to the center place 2 pieces of avocado on top of mixture.
- Brush edges of wrapper with egg wash. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Working in batches, fry egg rolls until golden brown for 3-5 minutes.
Cut egg rolls on the bias. Place 2-4 halves on a plate with Pico and dressing.