Rate this recipe:
CUBAN STYLE ROAST PORK SLIDERS WITH PICKLED JALAPEÑOS AND ONIONS
For the Sandwiches
- 1 pkg Pork Tenderloins, about 2 ¼ pounds
- 12 slider rolls
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 12 thin slices of Hatfield Tavern Style Smoked Ham
- 1 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion, about ½ large
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- zest and juice of 1 naval orange
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Pickled Jalapeños and onions
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onions, about 1 medium
- 1 cup thinly sliced jalapeños, about 4 large
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Remove pork from packaging, pat dry and place in a 2 gallon resealable plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining ingredients for pork, mix well and pour over tenderloins, remove excess air and seal bag, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork from fridge 1 hour before roasting. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a rack on a half sheet pan, remove pork from marinade and place on rack. Discard marinade. Roast pork, for 20 to 25 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temp of 140°F. Cover loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes.
Pickled jalapeños and onions
- Place sliced vegetables in a medium stainless steel bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients in a small pot, bring to a boil, pour hot vinegar solution over sliced vegetables and allow to sit until cool.
- When cool, place in nonreactive container, seal and store in fridge for up to one week.
- In a small bowl combine mayo and mustard, mix well and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one week.
- Spread 1 tsp mayo mixture on bottom half of slider roll.
- Top with ½ slice of Swiss cheese and one slice of ham.
- Slice pork and place 1½ ounces on top of ham.
- Top with a Tbsp of pickled jalapeños and onions.
- Spread 1 tsp mayo mixture on top half of slider roll and place on top of sandwich.
- Repeat using all rolls.
- Wrap two sliders loosely in foil and bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes or until warm and cheese had melted.