Rate this recipe:
POMEGRANATE-GLAZED FARM PROMISE® BABY BACK RIBS WITH CABBAGE AND APPLE SLAW
- Farm Promise® Baby Back Ribs, full rack, 1 ea.
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- Rosemary sprigs, as needed
- Pomegranate molasses, 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar, 2 cups
- Honey, ½ cup
- Red wine, ½ cup
- Garlic cloves, minced, 2 ea.
- Onion, minced, 1 ea.
- Rosemary, sprigs, 2 ea.
- Red pepper flakes, 1 tbsp.
Cabbage and Apple Slaw
- Purple cabbage head, shaved, 1 ea.
- Napa cabbage head, shaved, 1 ea.
- Apples, thinly sliced, 2 ea.
- Garlic clove, crushed, 1 ea.
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup
- White balsamic vinegar, ½ cup
- Italian parsley, coarsely chopped, ½ cup
- Basil, coarsely chopped, ½ cup
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- For the Ribs (PEELED): Heat the grill to 250F using the 2 –zone set up. Generously season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs, meat side down on the cool side of the grill. Close the lid and cook for approximately 2 hours or until the appropriate color is achieved.
- Tear off two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil –double them up. Place one sprig of rosemary on bone side of ribs. Carefully wrap up ribs so you maintain the juice that has collected on bone side of rib. Smoke for additional 1 ½ – 2 hours, until tender.
- Remove from the smoker, brush meat side thoroughly with the glaze and place on hot grill or back in smoker to set the glaze.
- Cut the ribs individually and serve over the slaw.
- For the Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a large pot and reduce over medium heat by ½ to a syrupy consistency. Set aside.
- For the Cabbage & Apple Slaw: Combine all ingredients.