Rate this recipe:
ROASTED PEAR, BRUSSELS SPROUTS & BLACK FOREST HAM
- 10 slices Farm Promise® Bacon, candied
- 1½ teaspoons dark brown sugar
- Ôàô teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Roasted Pear, Brussels Sprouts and Black Forest Ham Assembled
- 3 ½ cups Farm Promise® Black Forest Ham, ¼-inch dice
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 ¾ cups brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and halved
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 cups red bartlett pears, cored, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 5 tablespoons candied pecans, prepared
- To prepare candied bacon, preheat oven to 220┬║F with low convection. While oven heats, in a large bowl, mix brown sugar and cayenne. Drag bacon through cayenne mixture to generously coat both sides.
- Lay bacon strips onto a wire rack over a sheet tray. Place tray in oven. Cook 15 minutes. Flip bacon and cook an additional 20 minutes, or until bacon is fully rendered and sugar is caramelized.
- Transfer bacon onto a clean wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature. Reserve for later use.
Roasted Pear, Brussels Sprouts and Black Forest Ham Assembled
- Add oil to a cold sauté pan; place brussels sprouts into pan cut-side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook until brussels sprouts are browned on the cut side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan used for the brussels sprouts, add Black Forest Ham; sauté 1 minute.
- Add pears and sauté for approximately 2 minutes, caramelizing parts of the pears. Toss with chili flakes and remove from heat.
- Crumble candied bacon from the first two steps into enough rustic broken pieces to make 2 tablespoons.
- Combine ham mixture with cooked brussels sprouts and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with candied pecans, candied bacon, and serve immediately.