Rate this recipe:
THAI NOODLE SALAD
- 8oz rice noodles, cook noodles as directed on label
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. Farm Promise Ground Pork
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 cup finely julienned red peppers
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ each cup fresh mint, cilantro and basil, chopped
- Garnish with black and white sesame seed
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add ground pork, crushed red pepper and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. Cook pork until browned and no longer pink. Add the shallots and garlic, continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, remaining fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of water. Add the noodles, pork mixture and the rest of the ingredients, tossing to combine. Place in grab and go package, garnish with sesame seeds.