Rate this recipe:
WARM QUINOA SALAD WITH APPLEWOOD BACON
- 2 cups red quinoa
- 4 oz Hatfield® bacon, cut to ¼ -inch
- 1tsp blended oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, cut to ¼ inch dice
- 2 sprigs sage
- 2/3 cup toasted almond, slivered Salt and Pepper to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped chives and parsley for garnish
- Rinse quinoa through a strainer until water runs clear. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium-heat, render bacon in oil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add shallots and stir for 1 minute, until translucent. Add rinsed quinoa, chicken stock, apricots, sage, salt, pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover with parchment paper, and gently simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard sage leaves.
- Using a fork, fluff quinoa, add almonds and herbs. Season with pepper and serve.